Friday, July 2, 2010

June Wrap Up - again

(Whoops! Apparently I forgot to move the post to today, so it showed up as having been done a week ago. I don't know how to move it without losing the comments,so here it is again!)


Wow, June was a great reading month! I discovered a few new-to-me authors I'm currently stalking ;) Here's the rundown:

1. Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch (5 stars!)
2. The Hell You Say by Josh Lanyon (4 stars)
3. The Wolf Next Door by Lydia Dare (4 stars)
4. Masked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon (2 stars)
5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (5 stars!)
6. Necking by Chris Salvatore (4 stars)
7. Skin Game by Ava Gray (3 stars)
8. Fortunate Harbor by Emile Richards (3 1/2 stars)
9. Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine (3 stars)
10. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta (5 stars!)
11. The Beast in Him by Shelley Laurenston (3 stars)
12. The Mane Squeeze by Shelley Laurenston (4 stars)
13. Pieces of Happily Ever After by Irene Zutell (3 1/2 stars)
14. Jude in Chains by KZ Snow (4 stars!)
15. When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston/Cynthia Eden (3 stars)
16. Knight of Passion by Margaret Mallory (3 1/2 stars)


AND True Blood started again! Woo Hoo!! I'm so thrilled, although Vampire Bill is already getting on my nerves....

Also in June I traveled to Lake Charles to meet 3 other bloggers (my SIL Hannah, Cecile from All I Want and More, and Hell Kat from Paranormal Fantasies). We had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing Cecile and Hannah again over Labor Day weekend for the Writers for New Orleans event - I contacted the New Orleans area bloggers I'm aware of, but if anyone else lives near New Orleans - think about going!!


Lastly, I received a couple of awards this month:

Julie over at Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks gave me an award - and a very cool award it is:


1. As with any other blog award, you should post it and mention who presented it to you along with a link to their blog. 2. You must then award it to 2 to 5 other bloggers that you have been following for some time and that you find inspirational to your blog. You may want to mention why you chose them, but it’s not necessary. (Feel free to award it to someone who has already won it. They should know how many people are inspired by their work. If you’ve won it before, you don’t have to pass it on again, but you should still mention who gave it to you.) 3. Contact these 2 to 5 bloggers and let them know that you have granted them the “You’re My Inspiration blog award”. (There may even be tears of joy involved…okay, maybe not.)
Who are my inspirational bloggers? There are so many but here are a few:

1. Blodeuedd - she reads such a varied selection of books, her reviews are interesting and she's always so friendly.
2. Cecile - Cecile has got to be the friendliest Book Blogger I've ever met! I don't think there's anyone in the community that doesn't smile when they hear her name.
3. ALPHA Reader - I'm not going to say anything about her because I think at this point I'm a borderline stalker. Okay, I will admit I wish I could write reviews like this chick - she's very, very good.
4. Parajunkee - Parajunkee is a NOLA blogger, so she's got that going for her, but aside from that she's very friendly and I love her helpful posts - I've made several improvements to my blog that I would not have been able to figure out without her.
5. Lea - Lea's got a great blog and I like her reviews. She's friendly with everyone, and Tori is adorable!


_____________________________


And Christine over at The Happily Ever After Blog gave me this award:



The Award Criteria: This award is awarded to those bloggers who: 1~post almost every day, if not every 2~reply to every comment that's posted 3~just down right LOVE blogging! The Award Rules: Share one extraordinary thing that's happened to you then pass this award to 5 Xxtraordinarly bloggers.

One extraordinary thing that's happened to me, hmmm...that's harder than it sounds! Okay, meeting my husband and having my wonderful children is a given. I'm going to go with something else and say - meeting all you wonderful Book Bloggers! I have a very reserved personality, and am therefore very shy, but being able to "meet" you all online - and talk about books, no less - is something I never would have imagined happening. It's very special to me.

And five bloggers I'm passing this on to:
1. Pattepoilue at One Book Away From Heaven
2. Sullivan McPig at Pearls Cast Before A McPig (I'll admit I'm a lurker but love the posts!)
3. Larissa at Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life
4. Monroe at Monroe with a Twist5. Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews (she's always got something going on!)


Oh - how could I forget? June 13 was my one year blogiversary! I've done a few giveaways - the last one is ending today - and will announce those winners next week!

So, my June was awesome - how was yours?

13 comments:

  1. Well as I say before awww, and you're the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good month and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, thank you so much, this is really kind of you. Your blog is actually an inspiration for me so right back at you!

    Congratulations and thank you!

    Happy 4th of July weekend!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwwww hugs from way over here!!!!!! You are the bestest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reading list, Patti! And congrats on the awards, you so deserve them! :)
    Have a great weekend, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great month. Thanks so much for the award! I'm touched. *tearing up* ♥ Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award and i have to say, I like the book wrap up button ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about Bill. His sex scene with Lorena was just.... *eek*. Yeah. Not a good thing to watch.

    Eric on the other hand... mmmmm. Eric.

    My favorite part of season 3 so far was Anna Paquin's impression of Bill's "Sookie". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Blodeuedd!

    Julie (5 Monkeys): It was a great month!

    Lea: Thanks!

    Cecile: *waves* I can almost see you from here :)

    Janna: Thanks!

    Parajunkee: *hands tissue* :)

    Darlyn: Thanks, I like the button too :)

    Danielle: Bill is driving me nuts this season - such a wuss. And Sookies impression of Bill was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My June wasn't as good as yours-but still got a lot read. I'm glad you enjoyed Touched by an Alien-I'm getting that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reading list hon - I see you snuck a Lanyon in there...

    Congrats on the awards..

    Hope July is a great reading month for you..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thanks for the award! Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed it now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you read so many books this month. i wish i can read that many! congrats on all your awards too! have a great week :)

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete