Monday, July 12, 2010

I got nothin'....oh - maybe....nah,... nothin'.


Not in a reading funk, exactly - but things are so busy around here I'm not getting much reading done. I've been reading the same two books for a week - a week!!! Anyone who knows me knows that's unheard of.

I'm going on vacation next week - my last unmarried brother is getting married - yay! The bride is a lovely young lady who originally hails from Mexico, so the wedding is going to be in Texas (where her mother and sister live) and the reception will be in Mexico (so her extended family can celebrate). I'm looking forward to this vacation, although I don't think there will be much relaxing - it's a 12 hour drive (driving with hubs and 3 kids will make it feel like a 12 DAY drive, LOL) and we're breaking it up into two days - 6 hours to Houston, where we'll spend the night with my brother and SIL (in their new house!), then we'll all drive the remaining 6 hours to the wedding destination.We'll stay 3 days, then split the drive home again.

The whole family is in the wedding party, so I'm hoping we'll get some nice family photos while we're there. My poor kid #3 - we don't have any pictures of her on the walls (she's 3, soon she'll start noticing!) All I can say at this point is I hope Mexico has enough tequila, 'cause I'm going to need a lot!!

Oh - please check this post - I still have two unclaimed books that I'll repick on Friday if I don't hear from you *eyeballing EYRE and CASS * !!!! Send me an e-mail at bookaddictpatti at cox dot net so I can get your book out to you!!!

13 comments:

  1. 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila, FLOOR! I'll split the worm with ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great vacation!

    I'm the same way with books at the moment. So busy with work and no time to read, but when I do get the time I am going to go on a reading binge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exhausted on your behalf just thinking about that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have good vacation and totally understand the feeling of Nothing..

    I read some books for fun and not having to worry about reviews..I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a crazy busy time but fun as well. Hope all goes well for the happy couple, nothing that will show up on You Tube. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not envy you the drive in this awful Texas and Louisiana heat. However you will have a great time once you hit the destination and hope your trip is uneventful and produces many pictures to share with us. Have fun and maybe your reading will pick up when you get back!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been getting much reading done in the last few days either. Just busy but I should be able to get back to my books in a few days. I hope you have a nice time at the wedding!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  8. The worst thing you can do when you're in a reading funk is try to force yourself out of it. Does not work - unfortunately. You've just got to ride it out.
    Good luck! What you need is some encouraging new releases... if only there was a new JR Ward book or something. The 'Blackdagger Brotherhood' normally cures my reading funks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh man! I will pray for a safe return of all people... head count to ensure that everyone survived, lmbo! Just to check on you... And I know Hannah will make sure there is enough Tequila for all....

    It is going to be great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, I just emailed you. :)

    I hope you have a safe and fun trip. Congrats to your brother on the marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your brother and I hope you have a wonderful vacation Patti!

    Sounds really busy but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 12 hours, oh, oh, oh! That is just wayyyyyy too long. The best of luck to ya all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hannah: I'll never be that drunk!!!

    agirlreads: thanks! Yup, when things calm down I'm going on a book binge!

    Chris: I'm planning on being heavily medicated :)

    Julie: Thanks! Sometimes I need to just read and not think about it.

    Tam: Thanks - I hope we don't show up on youtube too!

    JackieB: We'll be hot and cranky but it will be worth it :)

    Paranormal Haven: Maybe it's the weather giving everyone a book funk?

    Danielle: Yup - I'm trying to force myself out of it and it's not working.

    Cecile: Thanks! It will be great and of course I'm excited to see Hannah again :O

    Eyre: Thanks!

    Lea: Thanks - I'll probably sleep my first day back at work :)

    Blodeuedd: Yup 12 hours - it's too expensive to fly a family of five :(

    ReplyDelete