Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare



Since she was a child, Fall has always meant Lucy's brother Henry and his friends, Felix, Toby, and Jeremy. Now Lucy is 19, Henry and Felix are married, and Toby is almost engaged. But Lucy wants Toby to marry her, not Ms. Hathaway. She plans to seduce him, but is not experienced, and she needs to practice....on Jeremy. She thinks he is so aloof and stoic that if she can get a reaction from him than surely it will work on Toby.
Poor Jeremy is aghast when he learns of Lucy's plans and tells Henry and Toby that Lucy is upset about Toby's relationship with Ms. Hathaway, but not that she plans to seduce him. They decide Jeremy should "distract" Lucy from Toby by lightly pursuing her. Poor Jeremy can't believe his ears!

Jeremy and Lucy end up spending a lot of time together, and they end up attracted to each other. Things take a turn when a letter is discovered in Lucy's handwriting that could damage her reputation. Jeremy does the honorable thing and agrees to marry Lucy. Then the misunderstandings begin. We learn about Jeremy's past and watch as he and Lucy make a real mess of things. Watching them learn about each other and themselves is tender and sweet.

I really liked this book. My emotions went on a roller coaster ride from start to finish. Lucy was a very entertaining heroine and Jeremy was perfect as a brooding hero. The end left me satisfied and hinted at the plotline for the second book, Surrender of a Siren.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the cover. It looks so elegant. It feels like I havent read romance like this in ages. I must add this to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book. Weren't the romance scenes really well done? Loved Jeremy...can't wait to start the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet book, I gave it to my friend after I have read it. I will see her this weekend and can't wait to hear what she thinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered this book. After reading Mandi's review and now yours i can't wait to read it too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti,
    I just read this book yesterday. Couldn't put it down. It had a few spots that were kinda iffy for my with the actions of the heroine but overall, I thought it was a fun and engaging book. I have the third one, but am still looking for the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patti,
    I'm a Tessa Dare Virgin, I've heard great things about her books tho. Great review *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hearing really good things about this book... and your review just added to the stock! I will be looking this book up on my next trip!
    Hope you had a great night and a wonderful tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing some amazing things about this author. Alright already! I'll buy the books!!

    Great review Patti. I love a good historical romance that can take your emotions through a rollercoaster. And Jeremy sounds pretty yummy too.

    ;) VFG

    ReplyDelete