Monday, May 3, 2010

April Wrap Up



April was a slow month for me (my reviews are linked):

1. Original Sin by Allison Brennan 3 stars
2. Lover Eternal by JR Ward (reread) 4 stars
3. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs 5 stars
4. Cheating Chance by James Buchanan (M/M) 4.5 stars
5. Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead 5 stars
6. On the Steamy Side by Louisa Edwards 4 stars
7. Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber 4 stars - Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a copy of the book and a $25 Visa gift card here!
8. Mind Games by Carolyn Crane 5 stars
9. Crazy for Love by Victoria Dahl 4 stars
10. Romeo, Romeo by Robyn Kaye (NAC) 4 1/2 stars
11. Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger (M/M) 4 stars
12. Here Kitty, Kitty by Shelley Laurenston 4 stars
13. Too Hot To Handle by Robyn Kaye 4 stars
14. Nothing but Trouble by Rachel Gibson (CRC) 4 stars (review coming soon!)
15. A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare (NAC) 5 stars (review coming soon!)

I don't know why I had such a slow month, maybe because I had several great reads and I wanted to savor them? I don't know, but I'm happy with my choices and looking forward to May!

My Reading Challenges stand as follows:
New Author Challenge: 16/15
Vampire Reading Challenge: 4/6
Male/Male Reading Challenge: 2/5
Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge: 9/10
Erotica Reading Challenge:6/10
JD Robb In Death Reading Challenge: 0 (I read the first two and just can't seem to make myself pick them up again. I'm really struggling with this one!)

I'm pleased with my challenges so far (except JD Robb, in that case I feel like a failure, LOL) even though I haven't done reviews for all the books that fall into each challenge, and I do have two self-imposed rules for my challenges: Each book can only fall under one challenge and if it's a series only one book in the series can be in the challenge.
So, that was April - how was yours?

15 comments:

  1. ooh..I want to read Crazy for Love!

    Mind Games was sooooo awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow reading month in April?? Are you kidding...slow is when you read only ONE but you didn't actually finish the book until the first day of the next month!! I'm so ashamed of my reading over the past few months :(.

    I just picked up Mind Games and A Certain Wolfish Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say that April was pretty decent for me. I had a lot of re-reads, though I enjoyed those, and quite a few new used books. Now if only a few more of them had gotten reviews....Oh well, you can see the full list of mine on my blog, Reading Amidst the Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  4. April was a slow month because you were "wrapped up" in that picture at the top of the post Patti girl!!

    You read some decent books, I need to still get my Mind Games and Silver Borne read but enjoyed the books so far this year so they can wait a little longer...

    I also need to sit down and see how many books have already read but it is too much of a hassle to do it month to month....
    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Shelly Laurenston, Mane Squeeze made me snort laugh at least 5 times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the tatt pic...very cool and wicked!

    As for the books you've read and reviewed...we've got a few in common..
    I read A Certain Wolfish Charm, Here Kitty Kitty, Mind Games and I've got Original Sin in my TBR pile.

    hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at the ratings, you had a very high quality reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT was a slow reading month?! What's your secret, huh? Gawd, I wish I could get through that many books.

    I love that tatoo pic. Colorful.

    :) VFG

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Succubus Shadows' + 'On the Steamy Side' = much love!

    I remember you read 'Ill Wind' a few weeks ago - did you like it? I think that's the weakest book in the 'Weather Warden' series, but if you stick with it things pick up.

    And you didn't like 'Lover Mine'? I have to admit, I had slightly higher expectations... sucks that because of the 'Fallen Angels' series we now have to wait until 2011 for book #9

    ReplyDelete
  10. A slow reading month? Man, I'm impressed Patti. You rock, seriously. You had an awesome month and some great reads there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandi: It was cute (thanks NetGalley!). Loved Mind Games, can't wait for the next book!

    Amy C: Usually I can cram in about 20 books or so (I don't really watch TV at all). Loved Mind Games and Wolfish Charm!

    Dana: Sounds like you had a good month too!

    Jackie B: haha - I do love me some tattedup menz! Oh yes, Mind Games and Silver Borne are great!

    Smokinhotbooks: Shelley Laurenston is my guilty pleasure!

    s7anna: Love me some tats! Did you like Wolfish Charm and Mind Games?

    Chris: Yes, I wonder if I read fewer books because I was lingering in the goodness...

    VFG: I like to read after the kids go to bed and I don't really watch TV. I do sit with hubs while he watches and I read.

    Danielle: Oh, yes, loved Succubus Shadows and I liked On the Steamy side but not as much as the first book. I did like Lover Mine but my thoughts are conflicted...

    Lea: Thanks, it was a great month, I'm really pleased with my pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a pretty good month to me :) Especially with all the 5 and 4.5 stars ratings.
    Cheating Chance is my next read and there are a few more from your list that I want to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kluger and Laurenston in the same month - Yummy...

    Congrats on a great reading month..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janna: It was a great month! I hope you like Cheating Chance - can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    EH: I think I'd like to read something else by Kluger but am not sure what...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really like Crazy for Love. Max was hilarious!

    Great month you had there!

    ReplyDelete