Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating:

The first thing about Darker Still that caught my eye was the cover - it's gorgeous!  I haven't read Ms. Hieber's adult series, so I'm not sure what to expect with this one but it sounds suitably dark, romantic, and mysterious.  I'm in!!

Darker Still:  A Novel of Magic Most Foul
~Leanna Renee Hieber

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publish Date: November 1, 2011
ISBN-10: 1402260520
ISBN-13: 978-1402260520

From the author's website:
I was obsessed. It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I’d ever seen. Everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable-- utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide.

He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I’ve crossed over into his world within the painting and I’ve seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked- bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. And unless I can free him soon, things will only get darker still...

What are you waiting for?





4 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds interesting! Might have to look further into this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, and I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica: Thanks!

    Blodeuedd: It does sound good, doesn't it?

    Pam: The cover is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete