Sunday, September 25, 2011

A hodgepodge of things to be excited about:

There's a couple of things I'm excited about this week that I thought I'd share:

First, I'm super excited about Chloe Neill's upcoming Chicagoland Vampires novel, Drink Deep.  I know a lot of people were upset about the last book, Hard Bitten, (my review here), but I loved it.  Was I upset?  Of course!  But Ms. Neill has promised an HEA for Merit and I'm going to trust her.  I don't know if I can wait until November; someone pass the Valium and keep me away from spoilers...


Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can’t tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city iself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven’t been this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet. If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down.

That’s when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly.

Chicago’s mayor insists it’s nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She’ll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who’s behind this, and stop them before it’s too late for vampires and humans alike.

Drink Deep is on shelves November 1.  More info at the author's website.

On that note - Ms. Neill has released the cover of the NEXT book in the Chicagoland series, Biting Cold (out August 2012).  This will be book 6 in the series.  *drumroll please...*






Isn't it gorgeous?!?  I really love all the covers for this series; they did a fabulous job of catching Merit as I see her.
___________________________________

Another favorite author of mine, Stacia Kane, revealed the new cover for the next book in her Downside Ghosts series, Sacrificial Magic:

When Chess Putnam is ordered by an infamous crime boss—who also happens to be her drug dealer—to use her powers as a witch to solve a grisly murder involving dark magic, she knows she must rise to the challenge. Adding to the intensity: Chess’s boyfriend, Terrible, doesn’t trust her, and Lex, the son of a rival crime lord, is trying to reignite the sparks between him and Chess.

Plus there’s the little matter of Chess’s real job as a ghost hunter for the Church of Real Truth, investigating reports of a haunting at a school in the heart of Downside. Someone seems to be taking a crash course in summoning the dead—and if Chess doesn’t watch her back, she may soon be joining their ranks.

As Chess is drawn into a shadowy world of twisted secrets and dark violence, it soon becomes clear that she’s not going to emerge from its depths without making the ultimate sacrifice.

Sacrificial Magic hits shelves March 27, 2012. Dark Faerie Tales has an exclusive look at Chapter 2!!!
___________________________________


Also, Ilona Andrews has posted a snippet from Andrea's book - Gunmetal Magic (due on shelves May 31, 2012).  Go here for the snippet.  You want to.  Trust me on this.

___________________________________

And, for you Becca Fitzpatrick fans, Sea Lion Books has this Hush, Hush wallpaper:


They've got several great books being adapted into graphic novel format - go check them out!!

What have I missed? 
What great book news are you excited about?

4 comments:

  1. I just finished the Kate Daniels series and loved it. I had no idea Andrea was getting her own story. That's so exciting!!


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Sacrificial Magic! Hurry up March! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great covers, thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paranormal Haven: I didn't realize until recently Andrea was getting her own book - I like Andrea and am looking forward to her story!

    Pam: I think I need a Downside re-read :)

    Aurian: They are pretty fabulous, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete