Looking back at my list of reads, August was a pretty amazing month:
1. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa (3 1/2 stars)
2. Provoke Me by Cari Quinn (4 stars)
3. The Vampire Next Door by Ashlyn Chase (2 stars)
4. Never Enough by Lauren Dane (4 stars)
5. Firelight by Sophie Jordan (4 stars)
6. Vanish by Sophie Jordan (4 stars)
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (5 stars)
8. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (4 stars)
9. The Renfield Syndrome by JA Saare (4 stars)
10. Cipher by Moira Rogers (5 stars)
11. Wilder's Mate by Moira Rogers (4 stars)
12. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkins (4 stars)
13. Don't Mess With Texas by Christie Craig (4 stars)
14. Red's Hot Cowboy by Carolyn Brown (3 stars)
As I look over my list, I see a lot of YA this month. I find I've been reading and enjoying a lot of YA in general lately; it seems to be the majority of books I received from ALA this summer. I guess YA is the hot thing right now :) and what I've been reading is pretty darn good.
1. Amaryllis in Blueberry by Christina Meldrum (2 stars)
2. Love Always by Harriet Evans (4 stars)
3. Tamed by a Highlander by Paula Quinn (3 1/2 stars)
4. How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling (4 stars)
I also did a fun post on books as fashion, and then the other day I found this:
The Scarlet Letter
These shoes are so cool - yes, that's a pair of high-top "I read banned books" and much more (I tried search "literary" and "book" and got different results). I definitely NEED a pair.
A few of us have also hatched a plot to possibly head to BEA this summer by train - we're calling it "The Big Easy to the Big Apple". I'm super excited about this and hope everything comes together smoothly. It's still a few months away so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I think it will be fun.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a signed galley of Lauren Dane's Never Enough - it's international! And be sure to check back tomorrow for a review and giveaway of Chosen by Paula Bradley!
How was your August?
Read anything good? Do something fun?