1. Alpha - Rachel Vincent (5 stars!) - will be posting this review soon :)
2. Awakened by a Kiss - Lila DiPasqua (3.5 stars)
3. White Heat - Brenda Novak (3 stars)
4. Georgia's Kitchen - Jenny Nelson (3 stars)
5. Bring on the Night - Jeri Smith-Ready (5 stars!)
6. Deceived by Desire - Larissa Lyons (3 stars)
7. Comfort Food - Kitty Thomas (5 stars!)
8. Ecstasy Unveiled - Larissa Ione (4 stars)
9. Sin Undone - Larissa Ione (5 stars!)
10. Dangerous Desires - Dee Davis (4 stars)
11. Seduced by a Highlander (4 stars)
12. The Satin Sash - Red Garnier (2 1/2 stars)
13. Never a Bride - Ava Grey ( 2 1/2 stars)
I'd say I had a pretty eclectic month!
I had a personal milestone this month - my baby started Big Girl School: Pre-K 4, next year is Kindergarten. She's been so excited all summer to start school where her big sister goes. Another milestone, my oldest is a senior in high school this year (he didn't want his picture taken). Here's the Littlest Book Addict in her school uniform:
August 29 marks the 5-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. As much as I don't want to think about it, it seeps into my mind this time of year. I couldn't figure out why I was thinking so much about it recently and then I looked at a calendar and realized why. I wasn't going to write a post about Katrina this year, I want to forget. I purposely did not write about it on my personal blog either. But I started thinking, and couldn't stop. If you're interested - here's my post about my survivor's guilt.
This weekend is the Writers for New Orleans author event and multi-author book signing - a few of us are getting together Sat night for drinks and Sunday for brunch at The Court of Two Sisters for brunch before the signing. If you think you'd be interested in either, contact me at bookaddictpatti at cox dot net - we'd love to meet you!!!
And, totally random but I love it so much I have to show it off - my new purse and wallet:
I did buy it in August so technically it can go with this post :) I love Mexican sugar skull and Dia de los Muertos art, so when I saw this in a shop in the French Quarter I had to have it. It's a small messenger bag - holds my kindle or a book (not both), wallet, checkbook and sunglasses - not too big at all...