Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just when I thought it was safe to crack open a book...

...I've been sucked in, again. I picked up Grimspace, totally thinking it would just be a "bridge read" until I could pick a genre. I've been reading a lot of contemporary and paranormal and wasn't sure what I wanted to read next. Grimspace is sci-fi, so I figured it would be a good "palate cleanser". Three books later and I'm still going strong:

Even after I read and loved Gini Koch's Touched by an Alien, I figured it was a fluke and have steered away from sci-fi. All I can tell you is this: I'm totally glomming Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series - it's fawesome! Sirantha is pretty kick-ass, but I love that she doesn't have all the answers and doubts herself. The books are told from her perspective, so we don't know what's going on with all the other characters, and I we don't know if Sirantha's paranoia has a basis for truth or is a symptom of her condition. There is romance, which I need, as well as action, intrigue, and conflict. In book 2 - Wanderlust - I actually threw the book against the wall! Of course, I immediately ran over and picked it up because I needed to know what happened next :)

I'm now into the 3rd book, Doubleblind, and I don't want to stop! I have to know what comes next! (I think I feel a sick day coming on :D)







(Thanks Mandi for recommending this series!)

13 comments:

  1. LOL! Well, you're palate will definitely be cleansed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh. I've done that before. I think I once spent 18 hours on a weekend reading the whole Psycop series by Jordan Castillo Price. Rewarding but your family doesn't always think so. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for this glom. Have fun! Also, these covers look so gorgeous together. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES!!!! Mandi got me in to these books too and I couldn't put them down, just like Shifters!! OMG how awesome is this series??? I'd never read this genre before either. I think the third book is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books are just awesome. Sooo intense. Enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, there is bookthrowing going on *eyes book 2 in the corner* well I do plan to read them...soonish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are enjoying them. Ann Aguirre is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to read this series. I think I'll have to bump it to the top of my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm...that makes me want to jump up and go buy the freaking books. I started with SciFi - Urban Fantasy was my palette cleanser, and look where I am now. LMAO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first 2 Sirantha Jax to read and am holding out on starting until get the entire released set, once I start them am most certainly not going to want to put them down until read every book! I am very glad that Mandi set you loose on the books Patti, it is always nice to read something that we have stayed away from in the past and this series has been one that I have wanted forever to read!
    But do not throw any more books, that hurts their feelings you know! LOL

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO I LOVE this series, so i totally understand the compulsion hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're on a roll! :P I'll have to try this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love that can't-stop-reading feeling! So glad you're loving this series!

    ReplyDelete