Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday 56: Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

The Friday 56 is hosted by Storytime with Tanya and Friends:

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


I recently realized I am now four (FOUR!!!) books behind in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. Since her next book in the series, Dreams of a Dark Warrior, is coming out in February, I figured now was a good time to catch up!

Without further ado, here's my Friday 56, this one's a little sassy:

She followed his gaze, flushing violently, plucking the fabric away from her hardened nipples. But he'd already seen her in the bathroom.
Whew! I'm only on page 82 so far but I'm liking it!!!


8 comments:

  1. Hey, I actually read this one back in my PNR days before I got hooked on the m/m crack.

    I found Holly a bit annoying, but Cade? Oh yeah. Although later the scene in the bar is so funny. I liked that author a lot. I think this was the last one I read in the series as well. Sometimes I wish there was a Coles Notes for fiction so I could just read a summary of what happened and find out what the other characters are up to. I suppose I could google some reviews and get the info that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Tam, I've often wished there was a Cliff's Notes (same as Coles Notes?) for catching up on a series (or for remembering what happened in previous books)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about me, I am both ahead and so so far behind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS SERIES! Kresley Cole's snarky heroines, mostly the witches and valkyries, are some of my favorites in the PNR genre. And the sex scenes are smokin hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Tam, I was hooked on this pre-m/m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series so very much

    Nice 56 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm...Cade. He has hot horns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL great line, and I'm laughing at Mandi's comment!

    I love these posts..

    ;)

    ReplyDelete