January has been a weird month for me. It began with a reading slump that had started in November/December - I just couldn't enjoy much of what I was reading. Things started to pick up a bit, and looking at my list I did read a bunch of books but it feels like it took a long time (if that makes any sense). I started and put back SEVERAL books before going with the ones I actually read. I also noticed I didn't do very many reviews, AND I used up all the reviews I had "in the can". I think I only have one left!
This is also the first year I've joined several reading challenges. My plan is to not use any books in more than one challenge. For example, reading Bound to Please I could put in either Erotica or Contemporary but not both.
New Author Challenge (NAC)
Contemporary Reading Challenge (CRC)
Erotica Reading Challenge (ERC)
M/M Reading Challenge (M/M)
JDR In-Death Challenge (JDR)
Vampire Series Reading Challenge (VRC)
My January Read List:
1. Wolf Signs - Vivian Arend (NAC)
2. The Wild West - Victoria Dahl
3. Wolf Tales - Kate Douglas (NAC) DNF
4. Blush Opal Carew - (NAC)
5. Catch of the Day - Kristen Higgins (CRC)
6. Giving Chase - Lauren Dane (CRC)
7. Taking Chase - Lauren Dane
8. Hot In Here - Sophie Renwick (CRC)
9. Nice Girls Don't Live Forever - Molly Harper *
10. Sold to a Laird - Karen Ranney (NAC)
11. Dirty - Megan Hart *
12. Crossroads - Moira Rogers
13. Strange Bedpersons - Jennifer Crusie (NAC)
14. Crossroads - Moira Rogers
15. To Tempt A Scotsman - Victoria Dahl
16. Shift - Rachel Vincent *
17. The Mane Event - Shelley Laurenston (NAC)
18. Long Hard Ride - Lorelei James (ERC)
19. The Mane Attraction - Shelley Laurenston
20. Stay With Me - Maya Banks
21. Bound to Please - Lilli Feisty* (ERC)
22. Delicious - Shayla Black (ERC)
23. The Wedding (re-read) - Julie Garwood
* denotes 5 star reads. See how bad I am? I think I only did reviews on 5 or 6 of these books! AND, I did not finish my book for the In-Death Reading Challenge - bad, bad Patti!
I also got some awards this month:
From Larissa over at Larissa's Life, I received the Prolific Blogger Award:
I'm passing this award on to:
This one comes with rules:List 10 things that make you happy. Try and do at least one of them today. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. Link back to the person that tagged you.
10 Things that Make me Happy:
4. Sunny days
5. The Museum
7. Casual evenings in the backyard with friends
9. blue glass
10. THE SAINTS IN THE SUPERBOWL (you knew it was on the list, don't roll your eyes!)
and to pass it on:
1. Danielle at ALPHA Reader
2. Kris at Kris 'n' Good Books (Her cookies make me happy!)
3. Cecile at All I want and More
4. Kris at the Cajun Book Lady
5. Mandi at Smexybooks
6. Heidenkind at Heidenkind's Hideaway
7. The Gutter Girls
8. The Book Girl
9. Razlover's Book Blog
10. Marissa at Marissa's Booklair
And, lastly (whew!), I received this award from CBrett60 over at Pirate's Bounty:
This award also has rules: Tell 7 secrets and tag 7 People:
1. I am a neat-freak...I get anxious when things are not symmetrical or in order
2. My favorite color is Navy Blue.
3. If my last child had been a boy instead of a girl I wanted to name him Seamus.
4. If a book doesn't contain at least a little sexytime I'm probably not going to read it.
5. I can't do foreign accents. I've tried but fail miserably!
6. I was in court recently (not my fault) and saw an inmate wearing pink handcuffs. Now I want a pair!
7. I always start out reading at home in an uncomfortable wooden chair, then when my back starts hurting move the comfortable chair. I don't know why I don't start in the comfy chair!
I'm passing this award to:
1. Pattepouille at One Book Away from Heaven
2. Pearl at Pearl's World of Romance
3. Chris at Stumbling over Chaos
4. Blodeuedd at Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell
5. Ms. Moonlight at Moonlight to Twilight
6. Minx at Loose Knickers and Window Lickers
7. The Neverending Shelf
Thanks everyone for the awards!