Friday, August 28, 2009

The Friday 56

I saw this meme over at Sweet Vernal Zephyr and decided to play along:

A weekly meme hosted by Storytime with Tonya and Friends.* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.* Turn to page 56. * Find the fifth sentence.* Post that sentence along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.* Post a link along with your post back to this blog.* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


I am currently reading The Queen's Bastard by C.E. Murphy:

"Bitter thoughts on a midsummer morning did not bring on sudden illness, no matter how useful that illness might be to her. Dismayed nausea at a task interrupted did not leap from her frustration to poison a man's body.
It was not herself she had to convince."

(The last sentence is actually the 5th sentence, but it seemed like kind of a rip-off to just do that tiny sentence all by itself. )I hadn't been to the library in quite some time, and this one "fell off the shelf" and I decided to check it out (heh - I said "check it out". About a library book. Get it? Huh? Huh? ). Currently I'm struggling a bit with it, lots of names and places that I keep getting confused. BUT, it is an intersting story and I'm hoping my perserverence will pay off.

7 comments:

  1. There are so many great memes out there! I love this one. I have an award for you here: http://lovesromances.blogspot.com/2009/08/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you make me laugh by just writing three paragraphs? It's crazy.

    Me likes that meme. I should try it tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your perseverance because I am sure that I could not accomplish such a feat. I have MANY half read books on my shelves!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and reading my Friday 56!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... are you going to have a "50 followers" contest give-away? You're at 44 now!! Good going, favorite daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Buckeye Girl!

    HIlda, If I made you laugh then I'm doing well!!

    SVZ - I'm really trudging through, I just know it's gonna be worth it...

    Pops - hahaha - very sweet. Of course, I am your ONLY daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that if I have to try to hard to read a book lately I just stop. I used to make myself finish a book no matter what. Now I just move on to something more interesting, life's too short but I admire those that press on anyway with books they're not too sure about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have C.E. Murphy as one of the authors I would like to read their books.

    ReplyDelete