Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Reads and Winners!



Holy Smokes April went by fast! I did get in some pretty good reads though:

1. Alien in the Family - Gini Koch (4 1/2 stars)
2. The Sweetest Thing - Jill Shalvis (5 stars)
3. The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf - Molly Harper (4 1/2 stars)
4. Something Like Summer - Jay Bell (5 stars)
5. Lover Unleashed - J.R. Ward (4 stars)
6. Never a Gentleman - Eileen Dreyer (2 stars)
7. Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione (4 stars)
8. Hard Bitten - Chloe Neill (5 stars) - enter to win a Cadogan Gift Pack here!
9. The Reluctant Nude - Meg Maguire (4 1/2 stars)
10. Beg Me - Shiloh Walker (3 stars)
11. No Apologies - Tibby Armstrong (4 stars)
12. Trey: Red Hot and Blue - Cat Johnson (4 stars)
13. The Guardian - Margaret Mallory (3 1/2 stars) - review to come
14. Going Cowboy Crazy - Katie Lane (DNF) - review to come
15. The Highlander's Touch - Karen Marie Moning (re-read)

_________________

I also did a guest review of Bite Club at Fiction Vixen's place - she's giving away two copies so go here to enter;

and I talked about Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series at Jo Jo's Book corner - she's giving away Off Kilter by Donna Kaufman so go here to enter.

_________________

I have two winners to announce from Sourcebooks' generous Georgette Heyer giveaway:

Tina
and
Linda C

An e-mail has been sent to the winners.

Although I did not watch any of the wedding festivities, I did look at pictures (Her dress! The kiss!) and watched Will and Kate stories all weekend - kind of a guilty pleasure but such fun!

_________________

May is looking pretty good so far. I'm planning to go to Charlaine Harris' book signing in Houston on May 13, and my BFF got us tickets to attend a lunch with Ms. Harris so I'm pretty psyched about that...

My birthday might also be right around the corner, and I think I'm finally old enough to start counting in the opposite direction :) And yes, the family questions go something like this: So. What do you want for your birthday? Oh wait, never mind - books. Got it.

Did you have any great reads in April?
Anything you're looking forward to in May?



3 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners!

    I'm looking forward to the trees actually getting some leaves soonishly... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read Hard Bitten!!!!

    ReplyDelete