Saturday, March 19, 2011

Family Funnies...

I don't usually do personal family-type posts here, but I posted this on my "family blog" and since I've got a few book-related things here I thought I'd share the whole kaboodle:


My 4-year-old grabbed my hand the other night and says, "Mommy, come see, come see!!" and shows me this:

Me: Oh how cute! It's a king cake!!
Molly: *looks at me like she's saddened by my lack of intelligence and blows out a sigh*
No, Mommy. It's a paper plate, and we cut it out and put paint and glitter and glued a crown on it.
__________________________

Last night we went out to dinner, and on the way home, my 10-year-old was telling us about a vampire book she's reading. Somehow the conversation got side-tracked, because the next thing I know, she's asking, "Vampires can't be gay, can they?" To which hubs answers, "Of course they can, read one of your mother's books. Oh wait, don't."

__________________________

This is why I love springtime:

I took this picture standing in my back doorway. By the end of this week that bush will be a huge pink puff of color. Love it!!! (Yes, we have a "cajun chandelier" hanging at the top of that picture - we are high-klass. Hubs and the girls made azalea necklaces this morning.

__________________________

I'm thinking about taking the kids to Houston my birthday weekend so I can go see Charlaine Harris. I went out there over Mardi Gras to see Patricia Briggs/Kim Harrison and had a great time with my brother and his wife (my BFF). I'd make it a 3 or 4 day weekend I think (surprise brother and BFF, lol), since we're not doing a "real" vacation this year. Of course, I still want to visit for our traditional 4th of July weekend visit too ;)
__________________________

I'm super-excited about the "super moon" tonight. I love all things celestial and I've already been outside twice to look :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. LOL at your kids and your hubs! :D

    So jealous that you have spring... *sigh* AND that you get to see the "super moon" - we have rain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, see, that's the thing, you kinda HAVE to come in May 'coz I just bought out tickets to the luncheon with CHARLAINE MOTHEREFFING HARRIS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edit: "our"

    But since I have to post again, I'll say it again, CHARLAINE MOTHEREFFING HARRIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, she is too cute!


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris: It didn't look very big to me, I think I was expecting something from a movie scene :)

    Hannah: Wait, what? REALLY?!?! OMG!!! YAY!!! You are the best BFF evah!

    Stephanie: Thanks, I like them sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuckling at your hubs comment. :)
    Have fun at the Charlaine Harris meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You kids and your hubby sound adorable!

    Have a great week, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing hon!

    The Gay Vamp thing had be laughing so hard! =D

    ReplyDelete