Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October Wrap-Up


Wow, October flew by! I can't believe it's November already. Seems like just yesterday I was making New Year's resolutions for the book blog...and it's time to start thinking about what I'd like to accomplish for next year.

October was a busy month - let's start with my reads:
1. Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (4 stars)
2. Wanderlust by Ann Aguirre (4 stars)
3. Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre (3 stars)
4. Killbox by Ann Aguirre (4 stars)
5. Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston (4 stars)
6. Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter (3 1/2 stars)
7. Slave to Pleasure by Eliza Gayle (3 stars)
8. Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole (4.5 stars)
9. Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole (4.5 stars)
10. Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole (5 stars)
11. Corralled by Lorelei James (4.5 stars)
12. Montana Glory by R.C. Ryan (4 stars)
13. L.A. Caveman by Christina Crooks (3 stars)
14. Ghost Town by Rachel Caine (5 stars) - review to come
15. The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate (4 1/2 stars)
16. Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley (3 1/2 stars)

I also re-read most of Outlander (I skimmed the slow parts, LOL) since I picked it up for free on my kindle last month.

Speaking of Kindle, October also brought me a new Kindle 3!! Let me just say again - loves it!!! It's smaller, faster, and crisper. I also bought the lighted cover - if you do get a kindle 3, I highly recommend this cover :)

Parajunkee and I crashed Undead Con and met Jeaniene Frost and Karen Essex. Okay, we didn't really crash the con but we did show up just to meet the authors. I also ended up getting a new tattoo with hubs that evening :)

Also in October, Karen Marie Moning announced she was coming to New Orleans for her Shadowfever release - I am so freakin' excited!!! I've already planned to take the day off from work and would love to meet any other bloggers who are able to go!

And, lastly, I threw out the question: Authors - to stalk or not to stalk? and got some amazing answers from both sides of the question. Very interesting and informative comments.

So, that's my October - how was yours?





9 comments:

  1. Great month with all those Cole's and Aguirres!!

    So excited you get to meet KMM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are going to meet KMM! You're going to have to give her love from all of us who live just a tad far from New Orleans.
    Great Month Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great month with a three star being the lowest. Also meeting Jeanine Frost AND a new tattoo.

    My month was pretty good I think, I probably read a bit less than usual with traveling and stuff but some good ones. I am doing a post in a day or two on the hair/eye color of characters in books I read last month. Thought we'd see if they are all green-eyed blonds or whatever the sexy combo du jour is. :-)

    Next month maybe I'll keep track of whether the heros are large, huge or MASSIVELY endowed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my book pile looked like that....


    Stephanie G
    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had such an awesome month! I am pretty happy with mine too, at least reading wise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn I must remember to buy that Goddess book you liked so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great October!! I love the pic lOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandi: It was a great month!

    Julie: I'm so excited about meeting KMM *squee!!!*

    Tam: Am enjoying the tales of your trip :) I'm looking forward to your post re hair/eye color...

    Stephanie: Thanks, it was a pretty good pile :)

    Blodeuedd: Glad to hear you had a good month too!

    KC: It was such a sweet read.

    Larissa: Thanks (I love the pic too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tat, love the list and LOVE the sexy bookish manly-man. Well done.

    ReplyDelete